Saturday, January 29, 2011

18 inch doll shoes shelf

Well it is Saturday here and raining, so I just spent a very productive craft hour of creating a Shoe Shelf for 18 inch dolls, like American Girl Doll's, Mapelea Dolls, Our Generation or the 18 inch Spring Fields Dolls you can find at Michael's the craft store.
I found this idea on www.Doll Diaries.com (one of my favorite doll websites, who got the idea from www.makingfriends.com another great website I have used in the past, I made the one from the directions on the making friends.com web site but found that the shelf was not actually deep enough for the shoes so here are my directions on the one I made.)

You will need one empty cereal box
1 pair of scissors
A ruler
A pen
tape
one 8.5 inch x 11inch  scrap cardboard for structure (you will cut it down to fit the back of your doll shoe shelf)
and I love to use Peel and Stick shelf paper which I bought at the dollar store for $1.25

First Measure 3 3.5 inch wide sections start at the bottom of the box using your ruler and make a cutting line by drawing a straight line at 3.5 inches all the way around the box, repeat three times and cut out your three shelves. Use the still closed "bottom of the box" piece you have cut as the base and using scotch tape tape the two remaining shelves to the the top creating three separate shelves now trace the shape on your scrap cardboard and cut out. If you are using the peel and stick shelf paper cover the cardboard you have just cut out and attach it to the shelf (making sure all three shelves are visible when it is attached) with scotch tape. Then begin covering the insides of the shelves top bottom and inside, once the three shelves are covered cover the sides or the entire shelf , back, top and bottom. Then place your doll shoes inside. This entire craft took me one hour to complete because I had not done this before but I know when I make my next one it will go much faster! take a look at my photos from this and all my projects . If you do not have peel and stick shelf paper you can use wrapping paper with tape or glue and get the same effect!
I would love to have your feed back on this and all my posts!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment