Monday, January 31, 2011

Altered match box accessory box for 18 inch dolls

Altered Match box art is a very popular thing these days, and many of them made are traded on craft trading sites like Swap-bot. They always have a theme and it was suggested to me by a wonderful friend I have made in my Adventures in American Girl swap group that we should have an accessory altered match box swap, so here is the one I have come up with, it is two single small match boxes taped end to end and covered with American Girl Paper, you can use anything to cover yours from paper to oven baked polymer clay, for the "knobs" I have used simple brads from the dollar store, I actually bought a package of matches from the Dollar store that came with 8 boxes, so now I have lots matches should we ever need them. You can down load templates from Google to make your own out of card stock which I have done with great success but for this one I went with store bought. Then I filled it with accessories I have made, bracelets, earrings (the stick on kind) two necklaces and some silly bands. I am going to keep this one I made for myself and make a new one for who ever gets to be my partner but I did this one for show.  I thought I would share it with you, easy to make in under 10 minutes and a ton of fun to fill, you can stack them on top of each other and make a dresser of them if you want, also you can use the bigger 250 count match boxes to create much larger storage drawers, you are only limited by your imagination. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment