Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doll clothes Hangers, a recycling craft

Well another rainy day not wasted here in North Vancouver. I went on to the American Girl Doll website a few days ago to order some hangers and noticed they are on back order. So I thought I would make my own. Here is what I did, I took the hanger I did have from my last trip to the store, when I was in Texas, and I traced it on to some cardboard I was going to recycle, then I cut it out, but how to make it strong? you may ask? Well I used some decorative packing tape I had but you could use anything really to decorate these hangers, Tape it as I did to strengthen it or add ribbon. You could also use different color packing tape to cover the hangers with Just layer the tape over the cardboard cut out and cut around the tape, easy and fun.
So next time you have more outfits then hangers or have a rainy day in need of a craft make yourself, your doll or your daughters doll some new hangers. Need a doll closet? Me too, I am working on a cost effective one to show you soon.
Keep coming back for more fun crafts. As always see the photos for this craft posted to the right of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment