Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doll socks a review

Well I found this amazing blog a few days ago and after doing my sock matching laundry day I had a bunch of socks with not mates and some of my Christmas socks that did not make it through the holidays, so I thought I would give these a try. You can find the directions athttp://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/ this is a really fun, fast and great recycling swap that any one with a sewing machine can make, provided they can make a zig zag stitch! See the photo of the socks I made with all my non mate/non holiday surviving socks. Please check out the Obsessively stitching blog as this lady makes so many  amazing things. Finally My niece Laura who has wanted doll socks forever is very happy that her dolls no longer have cold feet and I am thrilled my favorite snow man and favorite penguin socks will live on in the doll world. A great quick rainy day craft , and it rains here often so my nieces will benefit from many pairs now to co-ordinate with the outfits I am making their dolls, as will all my swap partners on Swap-bot for our doll clothes swaps!

http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2009/12/easy-doll-pants-socks-hat-scarf.html

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment