Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tiny Treats doll food Part two

Okay I have been asked how I made the Popsicle for the dolls as it is not on Family Fun.com. While I got the idea from Family Fun magazine/familyfun.com , it was my niece Trinity who wanted the Popsicle, so here is what I did for the Popsicle is I rolled the clay into a "snake" then folded it over to make the second Popsicle and cut the clay so that it was about two inches long which squared the corners using the back of a knife, then I inserted two tooth picks as handles, after baking then trimmed them.
Today I experimented with more see the photo at the side,  you can now see that I also made a bagel and cream cheese using tan and white clay, and a sandwich using, orange for cheese, red for tomato and green for lettuce, I used tan for the bread. I flattened the dough to make the bread, two pieces, then layered the rest on top and baked it . I also did a salad using 6 small balls of green and flattening them with my finger, adding small round red flattened tomato's and small orange carrots. I also did pretzels  and heart shapped Chocolate cookies layering a med size dark brown for the bottom of the cookie and tan for the icing and cut out a very small heart for the top out of pink, I also did it as a brownie.  To make the sugar cookies with the heart I recommend either using Playdough cutters or a very small heart cutter like I used, or make a ball and flatten of the sugar cookie and trace a heart on the cookie it's self, I really found this fun, once you have some colors to work with you are only limited in what you can make by your imagination!
Micheals the craft store had the clay on for $1.49 today and I was able to get all this food made for under $6.
I really had fun making it, I think it is even more fun sharing it!
If you ever have any questions on how to do something I have shown, email me at
karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment