Thursday, January 6, 2011

When making a mistake hemming,there really can be a silver lining.

So after sewing 4 sleeping bags for my nieces American Girl Dolls, it was time to hem my Niece Trinity's pants. You know that old adage measure twice cut once well they tell you that for a reason. Some how I managed to cut the pants 7 inches shorter then they were supposed to be, YES 7 inches. I won't get into why it happened but it made me so upset. After I calmed down a bit and my sister said it was really not that big a deal (she had only just bought them) I figured out what to do. For Christmas you may have remembered I got the great book called All Dolled up by Joan Hinds. In it there are directions on how to make pants into a really cute skirt with ruffle for both girl and doll...well  it turned out better then I thought. Though my sister was not upset with me I was upset I wrecked the pants, but at least I was able to save it and turn it into a great outfit, I hope you like the photos and remember this if you have a hemming problem or a tear in the knee of your daughters favorite jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment