Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another way to make A doll bedside lamp and shade

Well here is another way to create the perfect bedside table lamp for your doll. I used a recycled baby food jar, a recycled Mots apple sauce cup, two paper cup cake liners, ribbon, a small piece of recycled Styrofoam (which raises the cup from the baby food jar lid, you could also use a crumbled piece tissue paper or cardboard) I used a glue gun as I am always in a hurray to craft, but you can use white school glue.  At my favorite dollar store I got a two pack of flame-less tea lights, with batteries for $1.25.  Such a deal.  First make sure the jar and lid are clean. Next glue a 1 inch piece of Styrofoam to the lid,let dry. Place the apple sauce cup up side down so that the bottom is facing up , place glue around the outer edge. Cut the first cupcake paper, removing the round bottom so you have a strip, start to glue down the liner, stretching as you go, you will likely tear the paper as you go do not get frustrated you can cover up your rips later. This will create the bottom layer of the lampshade. Next place more glue on the now top of the lamp shade and place the other cupcake liner on top. At this point if you need to add more liner pieces to fill any gaps do so, if you need to trim around the lid you can do that too. Add a ribbon to tie into a bow. This helps to cover any small gaps or mistakes. You can use a little glue to glue it in place once you have tied a bow you are happy with. When the glue is all dry you can place your battery operated tea light inside the glass jar and put the top back on to create your lamp shade. I have put my lamp on the small All bran bedside table I made in a previous post.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me at karenmowen@gmail.com  or leave a comment here.


No comments:

Post a Comment