Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Comparing the Doll Hair Styling Chairs

My mother in law bought Laura the Our Generation Doll hair styling chair from Zellers here in Canada for Laura for her birthday. She paid $34.99 for it. I used my American Girl Doll Gift cards from Laura and Thea and my sister and her husband to purchase the one on line from American Girl. Mine with shipping to Canada was $85. If I had not seen the AG doll chair except from a distance in the store when I was in Dallas Texas and had fallen in love with it, I would have likely saved my AG doll money and bout the Our Generation one instead. There are some ways the American Doll chair is far superior though! I personally like the Velcro strap that holds the doll in place and the suction cup base makes it easier for me to style the dolls hair. But the back piece comes off really easy and that is frustrating. The Our Generation doll chair available at Target in the USA I am told, and is a great deal for the price, it comes with pretend doll scissors, 4 curlers, two clips, a pretend hair dryer and "spray bottle" which doesn't actually spray.The Chair is much higher and very padded. It also moves up and down and there is a foot rest but the foot rest is better on the American Girl Doll Chair.
I am hoping at my next doll Class Laura will let me borrow hers so I can show them to the girls and let them decided which is better.All in all I am glad I have access to both chairs! If I had the money I would by a few more of each and open my own doll hair styling shop, that would be so much fun.  I promise to be back with more doll crafts in the next few days! Thanks for stopping by!
As always I would love to hear from you so please feel free to send me an email or leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. HAIRSTYLING CHAIR
    -:very nice information, we are glad to read this news or post,

    ReplyDelete