Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cupcake Toppers a great birthday party craft


Well tonight I decided to make cup cake toppers in American Girl Theme and thought I would share with you.
All you need to make these adorable cup cake toppers is paper, tooth picks, scissors and glue.
To make mine I chose and American Girl doll theme but you can choose any birthday theme and make your own. (In the Twilight Brownie post I did you can see the Twilight themed ones I have made)
Here is what I used to create these toppers
Scrapbook Paper in various colors
Images (I used Google Images)
A Glue Stick
Scissors
Tooth picks
and I used a 1 1/2 inch Marvy Paper Punch
What I did first is choose my Google images to cut out, if you do not have a printer you can use magazines, catalogs or stickers. Then I cut out the backs of the toppers by punching out 12 paper backs, then I did 12 fronts, I punched out the images I wanted to use. I then placed glue on the back piece and added the toothpick. Next I put glue on the back side of the front and sandwiched the toothpick between the front and the back pressing it together all the way around and repeated those steps to create 12 cup cake toppers. Simple Easy fun and cost effective party craft! As always I would love to hear from you so leave a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment