Monday, February 14, 2011

Doll Lamps

I was given these adorable jars by a friend who suggested I should somehow make a lamp for a doll, I do not know much about lighting but I did find these battery operated candles from the dollar store and when I put them in the jars they looked so cute so I thought I would share this idea. I am not sure where she found the jars but there are so many great candle holders now that look like lamps and shades perhaps this will inspire you to make your own. As always I would love to hear your comments, you can leave a comment below or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I've been saving some jars just like this! I'm a big fan of re-purposing, and they were so cute that I couldn't bear to recycle them. Mine are from Polar brand fruit. We have a doll lantern already, so I'll have to come up with another use for mine, but thanks for the creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little lamps! This is so similar to ones that I made, and such a cute variation, too!!! :) I think the shade is really cute. Great pic! http://piecesforreese.blogspot.com/search/label/lamp

    I didn't even KNOW about your blog, but I'm following now! :) Don't you just LOVE the dollar store????!!!! There are so many great dolly "finds" there!

    Thanks for posting your cute ideas!!
    Kristi @ piecesforreese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristi! I looked at yours and I am blown away! You have a great blog and such great ideas!
    I love the dollar stores it is true!

    ReplyDelete