Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dollar Store Gems

Today I thought I would post about the fabulous items you can find at your dollar store for your doll (or your child's doll) These items can easily be re- purposed for your doll and make great additions to the Loot or Treat bag of any doll enthusiast's party. One of my favorite items is the Party pack of phone books that are the perfect size to be doll school books or exercise  books. There is one from the package of 8 for $1.25 in the photo above the bowling set. Another great item is the doll sized Cell Phones, you get 6 in a package for $1.25 (here in Canada our Dollar stores are $1.25) You can get your doll to hold the cell phone like mine is by using a flesh tone elastic.  I also picked up today the bowling set, which I am so excited about and a package of mini-plastic Easter Eggs which I am sure to have fun with at our next doll party or doll Easter party. I also bought today a package of 4 art painting sets, the brushes and pallets are the perfect size for an artistic doll to have in her collection. Again these were only a $1.25, even though they were a little more expensive being that you only get 4 and not six items in the package, I really like them, I am now kicking myself for not picking up the small easel frame from the frame section with the mini canvas which would have been great with it, I guess when I go to the dollar store next week I can get one then. Other great Dollar store doll items are, elastics, hair clips and stick on earrings, baby blankets to re-purpose into the no sew throw and doll pillow from my previous post. The great thing about the dollar store is it doesn't blow the allowance and your money goes a long way.  These are some of the many things I like to pick up from the dollar store along with other craft items to make easy and inexpensive items for my nieces dolls (and let's face it mine too).
As with all my other posts I would love to hear what you think, you can email me at karenmowen@gmail.com or leave a comment here. Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. that's pretty neat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!! And your last comment about the items being a nice gift for your niece's dolls and your own too....really made me smile...I Iove playing with my daughter's dolls!

    ReplyDelete