Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reuseable grocery bag for 18 inch dolls

Getting back to more easy and fun crafts for 18 inch dolls. This is a reuseable grocery bag made to look like the ones from our local grocery store. These are easy and fun to make and as they are made out of felt from the dollar store I got three pieces of felt for $1.25  I used 3/4 of one piece of felt to make this bag.

You will need to have

One sheet of felt
scissors
sewing machine and thread (or you can hand sew it with a needle and thread)
ruler
To begin with make a pattern. I measured 3 1/2 inch square, then cut 7 of these peices. Next sew one edge of a felt square to the next one to create a long rectangle (see the photos) and repeat so you have 4 pieces connected in a rectangle. Next sew the first square open side to the 4th square open side.Next attach the Bottom of the bag by sewing the sides to the bottom. Once your Bag looks like a Box you will do the handles. Fold one of the rectangles in half and cut out a small rectangle so it looks like a Handle. then sew the Handle to the bag on one side, you will then repeat on the other side. You can Finish the bag by sewing one straight line around the bag top, it is just for show.Next fill the bag with food you have made or doll sized food from the Dollar store. I have in the photo a Boston Pizza box that we got when the kids ordered a kids meal at the restaurant  at the end of their meal, it is the perfect doll sized personal pizza box.
Let me know if you have any questions, I love to hear from you if you can not leave a comment feel free to email me!

2 comments:

  1. Did you fold it inside out to make the edges look like that? I am trying to make this craft right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did I folded it inside out to make the edges! I hope yours turns out well!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete