Sunday, March 6, 2011

Make your doll her own Twilight T-shirt and book

I made the above outfit for a swap I did back in December for a member of my American Girl Doll swap on Swap-bot. My swap partners daughter was a huge fan of Twilight. I thought it would be fun to make a Edward shirt and book to match. This was an easy craft that you can make with an existing doll shirt (or you can buy a pattern and make one, better yet click here for a great pattern, I have never been disappointed with any of the patterns I have bought from Liberty Jane and they are great for beginners) 
http://libertyjanepatterns.com/2011/02/free-pattern-for-american-girl-dolls-liberty-jane-trendy-t-shirts.html 
You will also need some iron on transfer paper which you can get at Walmart or an office supply store. You must have an ink jet printer, an iron and some images from Google Image. You can fit allot of images on one sheet so plan on making many to use in future projects so that you do not waste the paper. Follow the manufactures instructions for ironing on your t-shirt, it really is that simple.
I have used a Twilight Image but you can do any thing from Butterflies and Horses to favorite musicians or movie stars. For the book you could do your favorite book, it doesn't have to be Twilight, think out side the box, cook books, small American Girl Books, text books, you will be amazed at what you find.  I also made the book using Google images of book covers, by copying and pasting images to my word document and then right clicking on the image in my word document and formatting them you can change the size of your image and make it perfect for the shirt or doll book, you may have to play with the sizing but it is so much fun to do so. To make the book, I printed and cut out my image of the book and then glued it to card stock, I then cut paper to fit as the pages, I hot glued them in to the card board and the book was made. My swap partners daughter was thrilled and I hope you are too. I do not make these to sell, I make them for my own collection or as swaps or gifts, I am sure there are a ton of legal issues if you plan on selling these. Just so you know I do not but this is why I share with you so you can make your own.  As with all my posts I would love to hear from you, please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment