Saturday, April 23, 2011

Create a Stationary Set for your doll

Create a Stationary set for your doll with items you already have at home. I have always loved sending and receiving mail and I thought that your doll might like that too.A few months ago I got the American Girl doll book Doll play I was reminded about how much fun pen palling was and inspired to create this set. In the Doll play book they have a section of pull out supplies that includes a letter, card and photo of a doll who can be your dolls pen pal.It is such a great book! I highly recommend it.  I have expanded on this idea. Creating the pencil holder and pencils from the Doll Fun Small Stuff instructions in last years American Girl magazine May/June. As well as a stationary set for 18 inch dolls.

To create the pencils I colored toothpicks yellow and one tip black, then trimmed the top of the other pointed end of the tooth pick and colored the top in pink for the "eraser". To make the pencil holder I used the lid of a pump spray bottle. I also added the pink gingham scrapbook paper to line the cup so that it matched all the other items I made.

Next I made the Folder. I took a piece of scrap book paper and folded it like a book, so that it had a "spine" then I folded the bottom up to create the folder pocket, adding a line of glue ( I used a glue stick) To create the paper I used regular lined paper and cut it so it fit inside the folder pocket. To create the envelopes I folded some paper scraps into an envelope shape and trimmed the part to fold over into a triangle. I also glued the envelope sides down.

I am really happy with how this project turned out. I hope you will be too!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. I love that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nolie! I hope you make some for your doll soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Do you have any other crafts that involve scrapbook paper? I have a lot that I want to use up :)

    ReplyDelete