Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Create your own doll sized napkins, napkin rings and place mats

Presentation is everything! So why not make these for your next tea party! I had so much fun making these napkins, napkin rings and place mats for this post. I think you will too. 
To make the napkins I used a cocktail sized napkin and cut it into two pieces. 
This makes two napkins perfect for doll sized napkin rings. 
You can use any napkin you have on hand and is great to make from party left overs! 
Just open the napkin as you would a book and cut it down the center then fold the square into a smaller square.

To make the Napkin rings you  need a needle and thread a bead and a very small doll sized hair elastics, I got a package of 300 at the dollar store for $1.25.
Next thread the needle and attach the bead to the elastic. Then place over your napkin. A very easy and quick craft.

To make the place mats I used fun foam, I got 4 sheets from the dollar store and cut 4 inch by 2 1/2 inch rectangles out of the fun foam. If you have larger doll plates cut a larger rectangle.
I love this set of dishes I got from the dollar store a set of 4 for $1.25. If you can not find this set and would like one contact me and I will happily pick it up and ship one to you from my Etsy account. At cost plus shipping. Just send me an email and we can set something up.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com
Why not make a bunch for your next sleep over or birthday party. So easy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment