Saturday, April 16, 2011

Make an Easter Bonnet for your doll

One of the most famous Easter songs starts with "Put on your Easter Bonnet with all the frills upon it..." Oh how I love Easter time! Not that Bonnets are commonly worn where I am but I thought it would be fun to decorate a ready made straw hat for 18 inch dolls. You can often find these straw hats at the craft or dollar store for less then $3 and decorate them with items you have around the house. I started with my glue gun and decorating hats like these when I was about 15 years old.

You can use white glue just remember it will take longer to dry. These are easy to make and fun to decorate. Ribbons bows and my favorite dollar store artificial flowers are some of my favorite ways to decorate straw hats. You can add mini eggs, or the little fuzzy yellow chicks also available at the craft or dollar store. For mine I am going with flowers and ribbons. 

My niece Laura calls this the Dolly's garden hat so even if Easter is not a holiday you celebrate you can always decorate a hat as a Garden Hat in the same way.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment