Monday, April 18, 2011

Make your doll a "Chocolate Bunny" and other treats out of polymer clay

This is another post using polymer clay. I got a really good deal at the craft store the clay was on for $1.19 a brick so I picked up some great colors and some "chocolate" colored clay. The Chocolate colored clay is perfect for use in moulds. I picked up this vintage bunny chocolate mould at a second hand store for 25 cents. You can use newer ones or the plastic ones you get at the craft store in the chocolate making/baking section. If you are using it for clay you should only use it for clay and not for food. I understand that you should keep all tools for baking and working with clay separate from ones you use for food. If you are using a non flexible mould I line the mould with plastic wrap so that I can remove it easily.
** Tip ** If you do not have any moulds a great time to get them is after the holidays when they go on sale.


I also thought it would be fun to have lolly pops in the baskets as well as eggs. These should not be given or made for anyone under 3 as they can be a choking hazard.
To make the lolly pops I rolled colored clay into thin sausage or snake shapes and rolled or coiled them up and stuck a tooth pick in them. I trim the toothpicks sharp end after baking.
To make the eggs I used left over colors and rolled them together to get a marbled effect. With all polymer clay work you should work over wax paper and wash your hand between colors as some of the color will come off on your hands and your work space. Always bake the clay to the manufactures recomendations.
These are great for not only Easter but would make a great addition to any doll food collection. They are also great as party activities or loot bag treats.

As with all my posts I would love to hear what you think so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment