Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Make your doll a Stella and Dot inspired Necklace

I was introduced to Stella and Dot jewelery and love the items they have for girls. One of the new necklaces they offer is the Tatum Necklace for girls. It is $32. ($29 in the USA)
http://www.stelladot.com is where you can find this and other great jewelery pieces.
So I thought it would be fun to try to make a similar version for my doll. I used items I had on hand but i you want to match it exactly you will have to take a trip to the craft store.

I used 11 beads, in pink and clear, pink yarn, and pink ribbon, a flower bloom from the dollar store as well as a bead that I could sew in the middle and a needle and thread. If I was to make this again I would use ribbon all around and skip the yarn. The reason is that it is easier to make the right sized knot in between the beads. Really to make this necklace you need some imagination, the ability to tie knots and sew the bead to the flower. To sew the bead remove all the plastic from the flower bloom and sew the bead to the flower, then attach the flower to the ribbon with very small stitches. I placed the necklace around my dolls neck and then positioned it to where I thought it looked best and tied the back into a bow, it slips over her head very easily.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you  if you would like to leave me a comment or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment