Friday, April 29, 2011

Piercing Doll Ears a review by Karenmomofthree


When I was in New York I had my dolls Ears pierced.   Piercing Dolls ears at the American Girl Doll store is very affordable. For $14 I had my dolls ears peiced at American Girl Doll in New York and they gave me a package of 6 earrings with my service. I was thrilled with the result.

The experience however left me feeling awful when I saw a little girl who brought her our generation doll to the store to have her dolls ears pierced. She was so excited but when her turn came up she was refused. Now I understand why American Girl refuses to work on dolls that are not their own but little girls do not understand and my heart broke for her. I mentioned to her mom about my blog and that you can watch on line the you tube video of how to do it at home. So as promised here is the link to that video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re-j0RaacQk
I understand that not everyone has a drill or the ability and skills  to do this so I totally recommend stick on earrings from the dollar store. I have bought a ton of sticker gem earrings from the dollar store and they work great for special occasions.

I also find that Our Generation or Springfield dolls have softer heads and you may be able to do it with a sharp thumb tack and a mallet. If you are a child you need your parents permission and help to do so.
As with all my blog posts I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment or email me here at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sad that american girl refused a different doll, I have heard other stories like this as well, I loved AG growing up and had several dolls, but I will have to reconsider giving my two year old one when she is older if they don't change their policies, they should be promoting good values not teaching poor lessons. (but kudos on the blog post)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is to protect the child who brings in a non AG doll, if they make a mistake which can and does happen when piercing the dolls ears they can replace the doll head. They can not do that when it is not an AG doll. They will style a non AG doll's hair just not do the piercing part.

    ReplyDelete