Friday, April 1, 2011

S'mores you have to love them!

I love S'mores, way more then I should. Many years ago I found a recipe for indoor S'mores in a magazine and have made them ever since grade 11, which was in 1991. I was pleased to see they have reprinted the recipe on the Golden Grahams cereal box. I want to share it with you.
5 cups of Golden Grahams Cereal
4 cups of marshmellows
1/3 cup of margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of chocolate chips.
Melt the margarine in a large pot over med heat add the marshmallows and stir, then add vanilla once the marshmallows are melted add the cereal and then the chocolate chips. Stir and then put the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet or a greased 9X13 pan. Cool and then cut and serve. I love these bars and they never last!
I also have come across a great blog 
http://americangirlcraftiness.blogspot.com/2010/08/mini-snacks.html
Where the blogger made the mini s'mores from the AG magazine and they look fantastic too!
I think I will make "s'mores" for my dolls from polymer clay so they can share in the fun, below is some ready made ones for sale on Etsy.

If you wanted to order your dolls some great s'mores etsy has some great ones for sale

 these doll sized  S' mores are available at :http://www.etsy.com/listing/61543423/smores-food-for-18-inch-dolls-americanalible 

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU KAREN! I am so going to make these tonight. After my gawd awful week! Okay, I'm diabetic...I'll just walk afterwards. LOL

    ReplyDelete