Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Visiting American Girl Doll Stores A review by Karenmomofthree

I recently spent an incredible weekend in 2 countries, 4 states, 5 major cities  all in 4 days. I flew from my home in Vancouver BC Canada to see my sister in Montreal Quebec, we then drove to New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.We had a great time in New York, visiting the American Girl doll store, spent several hours there. I brought my doll with me and had her ears pierced, had my photo done on the magazine cover and wandered the store with my sister and my friend Becky for hours. The store had three levels of fun. With A Cafe behind closed doors, personal shopping, hair styling (which had a huge line up) and Ear piercing.  It also had an army of staff refilling the shelves the moment anything was removed.It was so much fun and a great way to spend your birthday weather you are 6 or 36  like me. I loved being surrounded by so many enthusiastic doll lovers and their families. I met some great people in the store and hope that some of them will visit this blog and realize I am not a crazy doll lady! Thank you to my sister for coming to my defense in the store and in public! 


The next day we got in the car and drove to the American Girl store in Boston. The Boston store was so much smaller but so well laid out and I got to peer into the party rooms, such a great experience. 

There are some great store exclusives I bought such as the table seat and the store shirts (I will review in future blog posts). I had such a nice trip and really thank all the people who made my trip possible. From my Husband and Kids to my sister in law Janeen and in laws who helped to hold down the fort in my absence, My father who helped finance my trip! As well as my friend Becky who gave up her Sunday to take a bus ride in to New York to meet up with us. A very huge thank you to my sister Bre-Anne to whom nothing is impossible or unfathomable. I had a trip of a life time in a very short period of time and am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment