Sunday, May 1, 2011

Make a Doll couch with Recycled Cardboard

If you are looking for a doll couch here is a great one I made out of recycled card board and peel and stick mac-tack also known as peel and stick shelf paper.  I used a box from the M&M meat shop here in Canada but you can use any shirt style box or strong card board you may have and bend it to fit as I have.
I started with a box, folded it into a "Couch shape" and I used double sided tape to hold the back to the front. Then I covered the Couch with strips of the peel and stick shelf paper. You could used fabric or wrapping paper to cover these fairly sturdy Couches for your dolls.These make great extra seating for birthday parties, tea parties and more.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I have been puzzling on how to make one and now I know how to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the cardboard bend easily? Or do you have to use 2 boxes and tape/glue them together? I know you said 1 box, but is it really as simple as it seems?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine folded really easily, though you could use two boxes. I only used one. It really was that simple!

    ReplyDelete