Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Make your own wire doll hangers!

This post is from one of my blog followers and friends  the fabulous NikiG, who's blog is
http://bynickig.blogspot.com/
She has made the most fantastic doll hangers using florist wire from the dollar store and push pins! I am always looking for more storage and places to hand the doll clothes I have made. These are perfect!
First on a piece of wood  measure out your "hanger" diameter with a ruller and mark the bottom 7 inches and the sides each 5 inches, place three thumb tacks at the triangle points.

Using the wire cutters and a pair of needle nose pliers wrap your wire around the points leaving enough to make the hook at the top, wrap the wire around the neck of the hanger cut at the length you would like and There you have it your own doll hangers!
I am going to make a bunch of these for my own collection but I think these would make a wonderful  gift to give to someone for their doll. Perhaps a great Christmas gift! I am getting started already!
Thank you NikiG for this fantastic idea!

I made my own from Floral wire I got at the dollar store I used 16 and 18 gauge wire, I think 16 is the best but 18g is easier to mold with your hands. I just drew a 6 inch by 4 inch triangle and molded it with my hands as I did not have a board or thumbtacks handy. I just tried it for fun and now love how this looks. I will buy more wire from the hardware store now as I can get more on a spool for under $10.
I can not wait to make more!


As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this idea. I love them. I found colored floral wire and now have hangers in all different colors. I also bought those clips for clipping on name tags at conferences. I folded the part that usually holds the name tag over the hanger, snapped it shut and two on a hanger hangs a coordinating pair of pants perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so helpful! I needed more doll sized hangers for my armwire! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete