Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Making Robes for dolls using a great and easy pattern!



I recently did a  fun doll "spa themed" party for a client the client requested doll robes for all the girls dolls in attendance so I set to work using using a pattern I bought from the address below on these fun robes. 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/preciouspatterns .I highly recommend the pattern. It was a very easy pattern and I loved the results. If you are just starting out sewing this is a great pattern to start with and it includes the robe pattern as well as pants, shirt, jacket and skirt for $3.99. If you do not see the pattern there request it from the shop owners and they will re post it, it is an email PDF pattern and there is no shipping you can print and get started right away.

For this pattern I chose fleece material I bought will on my trip from a wonderful store called Jo-Anne's fabric, oh how I wish we had that store here in Canada! I bought pink, green and teal blue to match the ribbon I bought before I left from Michael's the craft store. I also bought extra wide bias tape to complete the trip around the robe.
 These were so much fun to make I am going to make a bunch more for my Etsy shop and for Christmas next year!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me  a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments: