Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Looking for Bitty Baby outfits? Here is an Etsy store with items for both Bitty Baby and 18 inch Dolls

I came across this shop on Etsy recently that has some great deals for 18 inch dolls and Bitty Babies. I often see items for the 18 inch dolls but rarely have come across a store offering both. The shop I am talking about is http://www.etsy.com/shop/roseysdolltreasures 
Rosey has some really cute items for both dolls. I love all the animal prints that are popular this year and this shop has items for both 18 inch dolls and bitty babies.
I thought this was such an adorable outfit. 

I also loved this coat  for only $10 is such a great deal. Sadly the boots are not included.

They are available separately for only $4.25

I am a sucker for Pj's and loved the pajama sets that come with the sleep mask and are available in some adorable patterns.
For bitty baby who can resist this adorable sleep sack
It also comes in blue. So sweet!

I love the deal on the jeans, shirt and bandanna sets only $12.95 and a good selection as well.
So many to choose from I had to share the photos here
I also loved the fancy dresses for both Bitty baby and American Girl dolls
With hair band it is so adorable!
Perfect for any occasion , can you just see it tied with a bow to match any Wedding colors, it would make a great gift for a flower girl.
Rosey's shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/roseysdolltreasures  offers items for both 18 inch and 15 inch dolls in prices ranging from $2.95 to $14.00  Rosey has had more then 500 sales since she opened her shop in 2009 on Etsy
I asked Rosey how she got started sewing and she tells me 
She  has been sewing doll clothes fro a little over 15 years. She began sewing at the age of 15. In 9th grade all the kids at my high school had to take home economics for a semester. "That is where she  learned the basics, I also had joined 4-H at the same time. My grandma taught me how to machine sew for my final 4-H project. I made a simple A-line skirt with a matching vest. I had to model the outfit on-stage at the county fair to entire it into the fair for judging. Of course I was very hot in my outfit because grandmas favorite fabric was wool and it was mid-July. I about collapsed on the stage from heat. Thank goodness the buildings are now air conditioned."
I also asked what dolls Rosey has for Models.
"I own only one AG doll. Can you believe that! I have the AG doll Kit. My oldest daughter has the AG doll Samantha and the younger daughter has an AG of today from 1995. She was my very first doll I used for modeling purposes. The 1995 doll is so much bigger than those made today. I also have a set of bitty twins, boy and girl, and a bitty baby doll."
Rosey's favorite things to make for the dolls are the Pajamas. Especially bitty baby dolls. "Somethings is so special when my own girls put their dolls to bed in a set of pajamas. Flannel is very easy to work with, comes in great pattern choices, and can be so soft." Says Rosey.
I also wanted to know how she started her sewing business.
"What made me start sewing? I was newly married to my husband when we moved clear across the state about 5 hours from home. I was unemployed and trying very hard to find a job but could not seem to find anything. We lived in a very small town in Southeastern Ohio. My mother in law had been making Cabbage Patch, Barbie, and had just started in making AG doll clothes. She asked if I'd like to join her. She couldn't keep up with the demand. So, I started just cutting fabric for her. At that time she sat me down at her sewing machines and showed me how to put together a basic dress. She then allowed me to copy her patterns. I bought my first Kenmore sewing machine after that visit and some fabric and have been making items since then. We make allot of our own patterns especially for bitty baby. I love creating patterns. It's frustrating but I always am happy with the end result."

Rosey is a mother of three, two daughters ages 10 and 6 and a son 5, Rosey  as well as a busy shop Rosey sure has her hands full! I am glad she took the time to share with me her story so I could share it with you.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to share alittle about myself to my friends, fans, and new fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great interview. I love Rosey's shop, she truly does have a great talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute so adorable ... wow i love them...

    your blog is super /// i wish to have a change to feature me in your blog:)

    artistico

    ReplyDelete