Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meet Rachel Noel a very inspiring young lady!


I want to share with you a bit  of information about a young lady named Rahcel Noel. Rachel is some one I have met through Etsy. Though we have never met in person her keen eye and attention to detail is the reason so many Etsy shops are featured on my blog.  Etsy has a great program that is called  Etsy circles.When you add someone to your circle you see all the items they have "hearted" or like on Etsy.  Rachel liked an item from my store so I added her to my circle and I am so glad I did.This type of networking is such a great tool! It seems like every item Rachel likes draws me into the stores she likes and because of her many shops have been and will be continued to be featured on my blog. To be a member of Etsy you do not have to have your own shop, and to be in a circle you do not have to have a shop either. Rachel Noel however has both.

Rachel  is offering her creations in her store for sale this week for great prices. Her shop can be found by clicking my link her  Rachel Noel's Shop

 What impressed me most about Rachel is that even at her young age she has found away to turn her love for American Girl dolls and her hobby sewing into away to save to purchase her next American Girl Doll! I was so impressed with Rachel's motivation for making and selling doll clothes I wanted to share it with you.
Here is Rachel's Story. 
I asked Rachel how long she had been sewing...
"I've been sewing since I was six years old, I started with a needle and thread and eventually moved on to my own machine after learning the basics from various sewing classes and my very dedicated aunt! All I wanted for Christmas when I was 8-years-old was a sewing machine, and that's exactly what I got! I've had many chances to get a newer, nicer sewing machine, but I've had to many great memories with this one to give it up quite yet!"

I had to know how many Dolls Rachel had...
"I currently have eight A.G. dolls, and they serve as my inspiration and models! Nicki was my first doll whom I received in 2007 and started sewing for immediately! Since then, she has undergone a head replacement after a few sewing accidents as a model . I went through a personal few changes before getting back into A.G.'s in 2009, and I got Chrissa for Christmas that year. Since then, I've gotten Lanie, two just like you or My American girl dolls (also known as  JLY's/MYAG's), Felicity, another JLY/MYAG, and a Josefina doll off eBay for $35!" Now that is a great deal!
Do you make all your own doll clothes?
"I prefer to make doll clothes, but upon request or personal interest, I make human clothes and various accessories too!I  also have a knack for making handbags
I have made doll clothes and human handbags outside of Etsy and given them as gifts, but never sold them"

So what do you do with your doll clothes earnings?
I am currently saving up for Ivy Ling, and I am sewing lots of 70's inspired things for her, including what I like to call "Ivy's New Meet Outfit". I would like to make copies of at least that outfit, and sell it through my Etsy, if not more 70's outfits! I also love sewing colonial gowns for Felicity and I plan to sell a few of those too!"

I hope that some of you will be encouraged by Rachel's story and I hope you will visit her shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/RNBOriginals

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tip about Etsy circles. I'm a frequent visitor to Etsy, and I wasn't familiar with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circle program has introduced me to some amazing and talented people!

    ReplyDelete