Monday, June 6, 2011

Need a Chair? Got Milk? Get a Milk Carton Chair!

I have been wanting to figure out how to make chairs for a while now and I finally am thrilled with the idea I came up with. I am so happy to share it with you. 
I used a 2 liter (remember I am in Canada) milk carton box and turned it into this great doll sized chair and you can too!

I am more of a visual person so there are more photos which I think is easier to follow.

 
 And finally you have a Chair. Now you can cover the entire thing in Duct tape or peel and stick shelf paper
Or you can sew a slip cover for the chair as I did
The back of the chair will recline slightly with the doll in the chair and that is what you need it to do so do not be surprised if this happens to you.
I have paired the chair with the "table" I got a Michael's the craft store, a stool they had for $3.99 in the you paint it wood section.
I am so happy with how this turned out and I hope you will be too!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com 


3 comments: