Friday, June 10, 2011

Where do you keep your doll items?


Constantly creating doll items for my blog, http://dolldiaries.com/ and my nieces, I am often asked Where do you keep all your doll items. This is a constant source of "storage wars" in my home. Remember I live with three young boys and a husband so tripping over doll stuff became a huge problem. I use to keep my doll stuff beside the couch when not working on doll related items or when my nieces were not here, however that space soon became overwhelmed and I searched for a better solution. Now I would love to have a space of my own, a room I could keep all my craft items and doll stuff  but in our current home that is not possible. So I recently changed a few things around in my living room, stole a shelf from my youngest sons room and reclaimed the living room  and most of the kitchen to contain my doll stuff and sewing/craft items. I would love to create the doll house that Skylar and her Mom Tiffany created, it is on my list of things to do but for now this is my storage now. I would love to hear from you on your storage ideas, send me photos of your doll spaces and I may feature it on an up coming blog post you can email me your photos and doll play storage tips at karenmowen@gmail.com
As with all my posts and especially this one I would love to hear from you so leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I wish our doll area was as organized as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you it doesn't look like this all the time.If you were to pop by and see it today it is far less organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually keep my doll stuff in my closet. I have a big top shelf for storing clothes/props and I have doll sized rooms on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of having a large closet with storage space and doll sized rooms, I would also love to see a photo, email me one if you could at karenmowen@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete