Monday, September 5, 2011

Another great Thrift Store find

On my trip I went to a few great thrift stores, I picked up this old navy baby dress for 99cents and it make the perfect doll sized dress. Now you can alter it to make a tighter fitting dress or you could just add some ribbon or string as I did to make the dress more of a peasant style.

 This dress I found was a 0-3month size any larger and I would recommend sewing it as I have in previous posts where you turn the dress inside out and pin and then sew. this one is small enough that it really is not necessary but it would make a great beginning sewing project, I may still alter it this way but it works the way it is. So be on the look out at yard sales and thrift stores for simple dresses that you can turn into doll clothes.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment