Friday, August 5, 2011

A wonderful birthday gift a repurposed thirft store find and a little DIY!


I was so thrilled to hear that one of the mom's in my neighborhood had made her niece's birthday gift from items she re-purposed from the thrift store.  Barb's daughter and niece are both regulars in my doll craft classes, and her niece was thrilled with the birthday gift for her and American girl doll.
Here is what Barb found.



At our local thrift store she was able to find these two fantastic wicker high backed chairs for only $2.00 each. She also found the most adorable vintage tea set for only $10.00.

Barb also picked up a step stool from Michael's the craft store  for under $5. It is a perfect doll sized table. She and her husband filled the holes and then sanded the table. Barb made her niece  two matching navy no sew cushions for the chairs using a glue gun, (one of my favorite crafting tools) Finally they stained it to match the color of the chairs.

This amazing gift was put together and made with love and creativity. I know her niece was thrilled with her gift and I think you will agree that any doll lover would have loved to receive this gift!

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment