Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Looking for Halloween Costumes? Check out an Etsy shop called Entirely Homeade

If you are looking for a great deal on a Halloween Costume for your dolls check out what Etsy has to offer, for the next few weeks I will continue to feature some great shops on Etsy that offer some great costumes for 18 inch dolls. The first one is from a great Etsy shop called http://www.etsy.com/people/entirelyhomemade
If you have a witch costume in mind for your doll or perhaps a Wizard costume take a look at these options
These costumes start at $16.00 or perhaps
A story book character or two complete with adorable accessories! A great value at $25 for the complete outfit!
These great costumes and more can be found at http://www.etsy.com/people/entirelyhomemade
This shop offers every day doll wear also at fantastic prices from $7 to $25


I asked Marie about her doll back ground and to share some information about her self and her shop,  I was thrilled to hear her story and  I wanted to share it with you.
"I have been a crafty person all of my life. I started knitting and crocheting at a very young age. I learned to sew in school and did very well. My children said if I could crochet our house I would. Sometimes they were not crazy over their frog hats but now that they are older they want me to crochet the hats for their children and of course matching hats for them. Who knew?" Says Marie

"While the boys were in their preschool years I learned to macramé’. I also made Barbie doll clothes and sold them. I did quite well. They were very pretty. My grandchildren still play with them today. They love them.
After that most of my time was spent on working outside the home. But I still found time to do a lot of crafty things. I ended up with so many items I had to sell my items at a local craft store. I am still there today. "




I wanted to know how Marie got into making Doll Clothes...

"In 2001 I had an injury and was unable to work outside the home. I spent this time learning to quilt. The quilting bug really grabbed me. That is how I learned a lot about colors and precise sewing. I still do a lot of quilting but the demand for Doll Clothes has become greater than the demand for quilted items.
In 2005 my Granddaughter got her first American girl doll. What kind of grandmother would I be if I did not make her clothing? That was it for me. Making the clothes brings back the little girl in me. It is really neat to see how the ensembles look on the dolls. I really love producing these beautiful items. Recently I have started to make some of my own patterns. I am having very good results with these. This seems to be where I need to be. If the passion is there it seems the sales are also there."
Take some time to check out Marie's Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/people/entirelyhomemade 
I think you will be glad you did!

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment