Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Advent Calendar of Doll items I have been working on since May


I know it is only November 1st but I have been working on this since May. I found a lady, a wonderful seamstress and Grandmother on Swap-bot  who agreed to make an advent calendar for "my Dolls" and I would make one for her Granddaughter's Dolls.The calendar had to have  24 pockets of doll clothes and accessories I have made and worked on since May I now share with you.  I am assured that my partners granddaughter will not read this post so it is safe to share it with you. I hope you like it and that it inspires you to make your own or start one for next year.
Keep in mind that each item's pockets will be wrapped I just wanted to show you what I made and put together.
Here is how and what I made for my part of the swap.
First I made a 24 pocket calendar, I wanted to find another over the back of the door shoe holder which would have bee perfect but I found this fabric and loved it and made my own. To make an easy one for yourself I would go out and buy a pre made one.
Here are photos of each pocket most of which are accessories I have made and featured here on my blog and some will be new to you.
I had so much fun putting this together that I am actually doing another one of these but a smaller version for another swap. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have made and hope that if you are going to make one of your own that I have given you some simple and easy ideas. 
Most of the items in my advent calendar have been featured as easy to make crafts or dollar store gems. 
If you have any questions please let me know!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. That is a great idea!!!! I am sure that it would be a great surprize!!!
    Hugs
    rux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    This is such an amazing idea!!! I've never thought about doing that before-it looks like a lot of fun!! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    I also forgot to tell you that I LOVE your doll outfits in the calendar-especially the pjs! Those are so adorable. I think it's great you coordinated the items day by day. The lady's granddaughter is going to love it!

    Hope you have a good day!

    ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, I am so glad you liked it! I am finishing up the other smaller version this week for another swap. I loved doing this! Let me know if you make your own and I will feature it here next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, so funny but I had the same idea for my daughter! I want to make the fish tank and I wish I could find the plates and cups you did! I love the little stocking too, did you find that at your dollar store? Maybe we could do a dollar store trade sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find your fish tank idea, will you post that sometime? I have been thinking about making one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will send you the link. I would be thrilled to do a swap with you Stephenie!
    here is the link http://karenmomofthreescraft.blogspot.com/2011/03/wee-animal-worlds-review-from-american.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's quite an undertaking. I can't wait to see what your partner came up with. Where did you find the mini Christmas book?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. I want to make one, but it would have to be for myself. I haven't even started making one. I have been too busy. Any suggestions on how to make one without spending more than 15 U.S. dollars and in about one three day weekend? I had the idea of using many small-ish boxes without the lids and turning the boxes open side out to use as an Advent cubbie calendar. I do not have enough boxes and need to make every item. I also cannot sew at the moment because my sewing machine is in storage. Any suggestion would be helpful. I was thinking of making duct tape crafts because I mad a suitcase for my dolls out of duct tape. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an amazing idea!!! I've never thought about doing that before-it looks like a lot of fun!!

    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to swap Easter baskets with you! :)

    ReplyDelete