Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fill up your doll closet with this Etsy shops basics!

The Doll Closet  on Etsy has some fantastic deals on doll clothes essentials and really reasonable prices.

Offering Short and Long sleeve shirts for $8.

Shop ownder Christine also offers leggings for the same low price, and the best deal is you can choose your color to match your existing doll wardrobe or pair with your choice of one of her many beautiful skirts for only $6
I also love the doll dresses in her shop perfect for this years Girl of the Year Doll
As well I love the skirts that Christine has made for both girls and their dolls
I love this print!
As well as something for the little girls
For the more sophisticated doll, Christine offers some adorable Beret's and printed peasant shirts

 
 I asked Christine more about her shop and how she got started on Etsy and was surprised to find out that this young business owner is also a full time student!

Here in Christine's own words  is her story.
"I got started making doll clothes for my sisters and friends as birthday gifts. Then, one day, my friend was admiring a little jacket I'd made, and suggested I try selling my creations at a local farmer's market. While that didn't go very great, I was still excited to be able to make a bit doing something I enjoy. Eventually I found out about Etsy, and promptly opened a shop. It took about a week to get my first sale, and then things very slowly started moving. It wasn't until my first Christmas season on Etsy that I really started putting a lot of time into it, and getting an equal amount of reward!
What motivates me to keep going? Well, I'm a freshman in college, and my Etsy shop is my job. I absolutely love having such flexible hours, so I'm definitely motivated to keep selling in order to not have to look for another job.
The models in my photos are American Girls Felicity and Kirsten. I use Felicity the most, since Kirsten is nearly 12 years old, she is a little well-loved in appearance. :)"

I hope that you stop by and take a look at  Christines Shop the Doll Closet to your Etsy favorites don't forget to add her to your favorites list as well! I can not wait to see what she has in for us in her Spring line!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment