Monday, November 21, 2011

The perfect dolly and me tea sets perfect holiay gifts or birthday party favors!


I came across this fun and fantastic Etsy shop called Holly Slay Handmade
Holly makes custom tea sets that are so whimsical and perfect for afternoon tea parties for girls and their dolls. These well made and reasonably priced sets are a prefect addition to any doll play collection.

This set of a child size tea cup and saucer accompany a doll sized cup and saucer for only $25!
Holly tells me that she has painted whimsical ceramics since college. She worked part time in a paint-your-own pottery studio.
"When my husband and I purchased our house, it had a basement perfect for a home studio and a kiln. Over the last ten years, I dabbled in it off and on, as family life allowed, mostly custom gift orders and a few sales on Etsy."

  What inspired Holly to make sets for sale on Etsy?
"In 2010, I painted tea cups for my daughter's Alice in Wonderland 6th birthday party. Each guest received a cup as their party favor. They were such a hit with the little guests, I decided to list them in my etsy shop. Since then, I've been blessed with tons of orders and have painted hundreds of tea cups for little girls' parties! The cups are perfect for children and for dolls. Last spring, for my niece's tea party birthday party, I painted a 'doll & me' set. It's perfect for 18" size dolls. She loved it! Now I offer the sets in my etsy shop as well."


Holly's daughters (ages 7 & 3) love all things American Girl. " My oldest daughter has two My American Girl dolls, one that looks just like her (long blonde hair, blue eyed), and another one so her first one has a friend. We gave both daughters Bitty Baby dolls for their first birthdays and they are well loved"

I love the fact that you can order from this shop not just a tea cup and saucer but entire sets, perfect for birthday parties and the guests can keep their own cup! Starting at only $8.50 per person!
I love Fancy Nancy and the Pinkalicious series
Take a look at her tea sets inspired from these popular series
I love Fancy Nancy so do my nieces and this set is fantastic!
If you are a tea party enthusiast, or simply a parent, grandparent or friend looking to purchase a truly unique and special tea set for some one as special. Take a look at Holly's store at Holy Slay Handmade's Etsy shop and order early to avoid the holiday rush!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment