Saturday, January 14, 2012

Custom Cheer outfits and Doll items from Create 2 Donate

Create to donate's Etsy shop  is a shop with a mission! This wonderful shop offers items for American Girl dolls and the profits go to The American Cancer Society.

Beth's shop Create to donate  offers some wonderful outfits for 18 inch American girl dolls.
Beth started her shop after fundraising for Relay for life a cause that is close to her heart. Beth lost her mother to cancer when she was 9 month pregnant with her first child. Raising money to help find a cure for cancer and for Cancer related causes through her Etsy shop is one of the reasons I wanted to share her story with you. Here in her own words is her story...
.

  "I'm a stay at home mom of 2 children (girls) ages 12 and 3. I became a full time stay at home mom about 5 years ago and soon thereafter found volunteer work for the American Cancer Society. I first started fundraising for Relay for Life, and found crafting as a way to utilize my love for crafting to help give to a cause so close to my heart. I currently am donating the proceeds to the American Girl Fashion Show for Central Indiana which benefits the American Cancer Society and last year donated right around $1000 to the show, which in turn the show generated over $10,000 for ACS specifically for their Camp Catch A Rainbow which is a free summer camp for children with cancer. The camp is located in Michigan, however serves children of Indiana, Ohio and Michigan."

"I originally started making Relay For Life Cheer outfits from old Relay for Life t-shirts, which lead to custom cheer outfits to match customer's favorite sports and/or school teams. In addition, I make fleece boas both for dolls and people which I've sold at craft shows and our local elementary school. I started making the boas last year which were pink/white for breast cancer awareness month in October, and were a big hit so I moved from pink and white to local school colors."

"Currently, the most popular item in my Etsy store has been the custom cheer outfits, however, I also make other doll clothes as well as custom t-shirts and matching pillowcase dresses for young girls and their dolls."


"To date, I've been able to donate over $3,000 to the American Cancer Society through my crafting and selling items through Etsy and local craft events. I feel very fortunate to be able to utilize my crafting skills as a way to give back in the fight against cancer! "
 So if you are looking to purchase quality handmade items for the doll lover in your life, please consider this Etsy shop Create 2 Donate and help contribute to the fight against Cancer.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. oh that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice off her ! what a great idea. i will by some stuff for my doll to help american cancer society

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Elizabeth! That is so kind of you!

    ReplyDelete