Monday, January 2, 2012

I finaly made a doll coat! Using the Liberty Jane pattern site and Heritage Doll Fashion pattern!


I have been buying Liberty Jane patterns for a while now and have been working through them. My niece Laura wanted a dolly coat and shoes for her dolls for Christmas so I took out my pattern and worked my way through it. I have to say that as a novice sewer, I had a great time with the pattern. It was very easy to follow and I am thrilled with how it turned out. It did take me the better part of two hours, (as most patterns I do for the first time do).  I have not done button holes yet and I chose to use velcro to close the Leopard Print Coat I made for Laura, and I was thrilled with how it turned out.
I think I will make the bottom of the coat longer on my next coat. I love how it turned out and I even made some matching shoes for Laura's doll for Christmas. 
This pattern like all of Liberty Jane patterns are affordable, priced at $3.99. For the price of a Venti Coffee you can add to your pattern repertoire and your doll play collection. 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com  

5 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute! I think a longer length would be just as adorable! I have the pattern for the Oxford Square Hooded Coat and am now very excited to try it after seeing your success with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really cute! I love Leopard Print, and the jacket looks really cute with the print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a sewing machine again so I can make items like this. Right now, if I have to sew something, I hand sew it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice job on the jacket. I have quite a few patterns from Liberty Jane Patterns. They are wonderful. I have this jacket pattern also.......just have not had time to use it. Guess the jacket will have to be my next project.

    ReplyDelete