Thursday, January 26, 2012

Liberty Jane Dress form fun!

In December Liberty Jane  came out with the most fantastic doll sized dress form pattern .
I had to buy it right away you see, I have had this dress form fabric for more then two years and I have been waiting for the perfect project to use it on, I was so excited to have this project to use it on.
Now I have had the candle stick holders for more then 10 years and I was looking for something to do with them as they were out dated and gold. 
So with a little spray paint and some 1 and a quarter inch doll head balls I also sprayed I was well on my way to creating these wonderful dress forms. Best part is I have 6 balls left and can make more dress forms, which I can not wait to do, I just need to acquire some more candle holders.
I was in Fabricland Canada, and imagine my surprise to find 4 pattern storage boxes that are the same design on clearance for $2 each, I was over the moon. I can not wait to add doll accessories or sewing notions to my new boxes!
I found that the sewing and stuffing of the bodice was the easiest part of making these dress forms. I highly recommend this and all Liberty Jane patterns for their style, price and accessibility. They are very easy to follow patterns even if you are new to sewing, step by step photos help even the novice sewer complete projects with easy and gain confidence!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment