Saturday, July 28, 2012

You can make this for Christmas Day 5-Holiday Dresses

The holiday season is filled with parties and excuses to dress in your finest clothes, you can make the doll lover in your life a great holiday dress like the ones shown here. Even if you are new to sewing do not shy away from these dresses!
Click here for the Midnight Gala Dress listing on the Liberty Jane Pattern site offered at $3.99
I enjoyed making this dress last holiday season and think you will too. Click here for the listing for the Colorblock & Corsage Dress.
I love the look of the Aspen Party Dress and know this will be a holiday favorite for the 2012 holiday season. Click here for the pattern site offered at $3.99
I have purchased this pattern to make for this year, I think the name of the dress is what got me! Now I just need to find the perfect material to create my own Frozen Hot Chocolate dress for the doll lovers of my life. Click here for the pattern listing

A non- Liberty Jane pattern that has also caught my eye for this season is the Holiday dress
From Strictly Homeade and is a $2.50 pattern! Click here for listing!

Even if you are new to sewing with a little practice and some inexpensive fabric you can create a doll wardrobe the doll lover in your life you can be proud of!  I began sewing doll clothes in October of 2010 and with practice and the use of patterns that are step by step from Liberty Jane I gained confidence and skills that allowed me to create my nieces doll clothes they just loved! I found out for myself that when I tired a new pattern it took me 3 tries to perfect the sewing and I felt really proud of myself for not giving up! So if you are thinking of giving it a try go for it! You can email me your questions and I will see if I can help you out if you get stuck!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment