Saturday, August 31, 2013

" Knit Me A Sweater" Said the Yarn ...a Knitting Update

Have you ever heard knitters say that the wool or yarn was talking to them? Well that is what happened to me. With the sucess of the first sweater coat I made a few weeks ago I swear I could hear the yarn calling..."knit me into a sweater" from my bag  of yarn stash.
So I set out with the free pattern I got from Doll Tag Clothing and South African Girl Doll  I made in a few hours this fun hot pink sweater for Ivy (until one of my nieces steals it that is)
I am feeling so excited to have completed two sweater this summer  that I think I am ready to try some of the other Doll Tag Clothing Patterns offered on Pixiefaire.com .This Cable Shrug, caught my eye as I love the color and the detail and can imagine that the yarn would feel fantastic slipping through my fingers.

The Ballet Sweater and booties is also on my project list. I think this is more my speed and I am anxious to see if I can add a new stitch to my abilities. Also offered on Pixiefaire.com by clicking here
I would love to be able to do this cable knit sweater! Click here for the listing on Pixiefaire.com

There are so many more wonderful knit patterns offered by Doll Tag Clothing and some of my favorite sewing patterns too. Check them all out on Pixiefaire.com and share with me your end results!
I would love to she your creations.

As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Those patterns are darling, and I've been wanting the last two for a while now... But the furry cardigan you made just convinced me to look into my speclalty yarn stash and find one to make one for our dolls! It's just too cool!

    ReplyDelete