Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 New Years Resolutions Review...Let's See How I did.


Today I thought we should look back at my New Years Resolutions I made this time last year. If you want to read last years post in it's entirety click here.

For those of you keeping track my score for 2013 was 7/13. Which was not bad! On my 2014 list were the following and let's see how I did.


Number 1-One my list for the last two years straight I would like to put it near the top so I remember I really need to figure this out! Crochet more then just chaining on!
I get a fail on this one. I have tried crochet and I really can not get past the chaining on stage. Sorry Guys!

Number 2- Knit a doll hat.  I really am not doing well so far I get a fail on this one too.


Number 3- Learn to make a Quilt, a doll quilt or a pot holder.... Yay! I passed with this tutorial I did for Daydream Doll Boutique

Number 4- Blog Logo! YAY PASS! Thanks Lauren EM!


Number 5- Share more Boy Doll Related Posts! PASS YAY! I wrote about shops making outfits for boy dolls, patterns for boy dolls and the amazing boy dolls being made by The Amazing Donna Moody at My Girl Clothing Co.

Number 6- I would love to travel for work and pleasure this year, I know it is a large wish but I hope to be able to travel and meet other doll lovers!
Not sure if a 10 minute trip counts but I did get to meet Char and one of our blog readers So you will have to decide if that is a pass or fail...maybe I get 1/2 marks?

 Number 7- I would like to get one of these Elf on the Shelf dolls to add to my collection, I think it would be fun! Yay PASS! My wonderful sister Bre-Anne got both for me this year and I even had to repair one (see December 25th post by clicking here.)

Number 8- Inspire others to create their own Advent or Hanukkah doll themed pockets this year and get them to share their photos! This will be a year long project...more in the new year.  PASS from the wonderful emails and comments I got this year on both the Advent and the Hanukkah posts this year I think many more of you will join me in doing these for family and friends next year!

 Number 9- Get some professional photos done to use on my blog and in my work. I think I get half marks for this as I had professional photos done for my tea and mystery work and Halloween but no dolly ones so I will give my self half marks for this one! I did use it here on the blog after all!

Number 10 - Continue to create and patterns and crafts with you here on my blog and in the dolly world. Free Patterns and keeping doll play attainable all for is my goal! PASS click here for my pattern on Doll Diaries

Number 11- Promoting Mini Doll Play, continuing through our Mini Monday posts and fun finds showing the world how much play potential these mini best friend dolls have, with the help of Madelon, my readers and pattern designers to make minis make a difference in the dolly world. I think I get a PASS on this one too! See number 10 and many more of my mini doll work on Doll Diaries and here on my blog, type 6 inch dolls into the search box and you should see all my posts this year.

Number 12- To create more doll play craft ideas and review items for the bitty babies and twins. I have a new rescue bitty baby to add to the collection of  "working dolls" in my collection. All my dolls are played with and loved and used in my writing. I do believe I get a pass for this one as well. Thanks to the help of Jessica T and so many wonderful Etsy shops for creating wonderful doll play items and finding us related crafts this year!

Number 13- I would really like to get a set of bitty twins. Used, loved or new, boy/girl or two girls....I do not have one or a set and think these would be fun to add to my collection. Pass! Thank you to Ashley and to Cheryl for making my wish and resolution come true! I love my bitty twins! You guys are the best!

Number 14- I would like to expand the doll crafts I do with more tutorials here on my blog and around the dolly world using Rit Dye ( Sunshine Yellow is calling my name!), Sculpey Clay, Felt, Paint, Fabric Phoomph. I think I get a pass on this as well so many wonderful crafts I got to make and share this year and you can find links and photos to them all by clicking here. 

So lets do the math, my score for 2014's resolutions is
11/14 if you count the 2 half marks as one! 
Not bad I think, perhaps my best ones yet. Now it is time for me to go think about my resolutions for 2015!
Thank you to all of you who helped me achieve my  2014 goals!
I hope you enjoyed today's post and I look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. That's a good result Karen! Looking forward to the resolutions you made for 2015! My resolutions are: to do more photoshoots of my dolls as I did in the past and making more items to use for them. So many plans....now waiting on my results.

    ReplyDelete