Thursday, December 25, 2014

How To Repair Your Elf On The Shelf....A Cautionary Craft Tale.

If you follow my instagram as Karen Mom of Three you will see all my tea and Elf photos from this December. I really enjoy photographing  these little elves and today I share my cautionary tale.
The wonderful people at expressionery.com sent over the most adorable Holiday Peeps note paper and labels created by the talented Laura Kelly! I wanted to thank them with one of my holiday tea photos and in doing so inadvertently created a craft post to share with you.
Just after I took the photo my Girl Elf Caught Fire! Disaster Strikes!
I was in a bit of a panic. I did not realize how flammable Elf On The Shelf Dolls are! I am so lucky I saw it happen and was able to quickly put the fire out. But then I was left with a double amputee Elf.
I quickly phone my sisters to commiserate and then got out the sewing machine and my stash of red Kunin Felt.
I folded my Red felt to match the thickness of the rest of the Elf's leg quickly stitched new legs out of the felt and then sewed them in to place at the knee.
Once sewn into place I decided to cover my stitches with more felt and created a "knee length boot" look! I think I even improved her look a bit!  Over all I am thrilled with the results and I am so glad I was able to save my little elf!
A huge thank you to Laura Kelly and The wonderful people at Expressionery for sending me the most lovely Holiday Note Pads and Holiday Labels.
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment