Friday, March 27, 2015

A Dolly World Visit With Gail of gogail91 Etsy Shop!

 
Today we have a Dolly World visit with Gail of gogail91 Etsy Shop. Gail is a doll lover and Etsy shop owner who specializes in hand knit items for 18 inch dolls here is her story to enjoy...
When did you learn to knit?
I was probably 7 or 8 when I learned to knit. Being the second youngest of 13 children I had a number of teachers. 
 
 
What made you create for 18 inch dolls?
I was starting to accumulate remnants of yarn from knitting sweaters so I decided to knit Barbie clothes. Then I found out two of many nieces had American Girl dolls and they suggested I size up. Thank goodness for this conversation as I was hating using the tiny needles required to knit Barbie clothes. 
 
 
What is your favorite thing to make?
I don't have a favorite. I get bored easily so I like flipping between the coats and dresses.
What advice do you have for those wanting to learn?
In learning to knit my advice is to left handed people as I am one of them. Learn to knit with your right hand! I'm left handed but all my teachers were right handed so I had to adapt. It makes a world of difference in sailing through patterns that are all written for the right handed knitter. 
 
 
What would you like my readers to know about your work, hobbies, shop, doll collection etc.?
My plan for the shop is to showcase work by my group of skilled crafting friends. Expect to see quilts for the dolls in the future. I also feature baby clothes knitted by my sister and in the future several others will be displaying hand made textile items.
 
Thank you  Gail! Now it is your turn!  Share your story with us and you may be featured in one of our up coming Dolly World Visits!
As with all our posts we would love to hear from you so please leave us a comment here or email us at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment