Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Barbie Tip Tuesday My Review Of Number 51 Barbie Fashionista


Karen here, as you may know I am a lifelong barbie fan. This is me one Christmas in the Early 1980's. I played with this Barbie camper van non stop until the wheels broke off. This was the coolest Barbie item I ever had. I am sharing this photo today and letting you know that today is going to be the first in a new series celebrating my love of Barbies.

I have been really excited with the release of the new line of dolls of all sizes from the Mattel Barbie line and I purchased one of those Barbies in July. I had not bought a Barbie in years and my niece and I went to Walmart to pick her out after much discussion with a few of my doll loving friends about this new feature I was thinking of for the blog.  So today I am sharing my review of my new Barbie who is Number 51
I purchased my number 51 Barbie Fashionista for $10 Canadian at my local Walmart. I chose her because her body type is like mine. I would have loved to have found one with blue eyes like mine but this was one that called to me.

One of the first things I noticed about this Barbie when I opened the package is the feeling of the Barbies limbs. They feel really quite plastic like and remind me of dollar store barbies, however they are quite strong. The Barbies I grew up with had more of a rubbery feel. Also my new doll doesn't have any limbs that bend. She has "perma panties" which are molded on and she came with this sweet dress and pink plastic necklace. Her hair is lovely and I love her little white runners.  The dress she came with is not well made but I like the colors and all the polka dots.

All in all I am really happy with this Barbie, I love her shape, her hair and her price point. I look forward to feeling inspired again to create and share my love of a different doll with you all on Tuesdays. I hope you will share with the Barbie lover in your life, and share your love of these dolls with me in the comment section below.

Thank you for joining me here today for the first of my Barbie Tip Tuesday series. I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. My camper van was my favorite Christmas ever (until my friend had a radio station air my song as a Christmas gift when I was in my thirties).

    ReplyDelete